The Elements of Exercise
What's So Good About Exercise?
- Mental Health Benefits
- Recreation is "re-creation." It gives us an opportunity for meditation and relaxation.
- Regular exercise can reduce tension and mild depression, and increase mental alertness.
- The increased flow of oxygen to the brain and the release of endorphins.
- Adrenaline, and serotonin along with taking a break from the books help.
- Elevate your mood.
- Moderate amounts of regular exercise can increase immunity to infectious disease.
- Exercise reduces the risk of heart disease, diabetes, hypertension and cancer.
- Losing or Maintaining Weight
- Body composition can be improved by making regular exercise and good nutrition a part of your routine.
- Because exercise helps burn fat and build muscle, you will look and feel better.
- Combining aerobic exercises and strength exercises works the best. Aerobic exercise burns calories while strength exercises build muscle.
- Increased muscle increases the metabolism.
How to Stay Motivated
- Realistic Goals
- If your plan is too ambitious, you might find it too hard to maintain.
- Add Variety
- Varying activities helps maintain interest.
- Start Slowly
- Pick a pace that you can work with at moderate intensity.
- Stick to three sessions a week at first.
- Workouts can be gradually lengthened and intensity increased as your body is comfortable.
- Lack of convenience can provide us with a good excuse to stop the activity.
- Exercising with a partner often helps people stick to the plan.
- Make it Routine
- Figure out a way to make exercise a regular.
Exercise Should Be Fun and Balanced
- Even exercise should be done in moderation!
- Exercise is a way to keep our bodies and minds healthy.
- Exercise should not be used to achieve the "perfect body," aiming for such is detrimental to our mental and physical health.
- Everybody's Body is different. Value your uniqueness!
AmSure Delhi ( Jasola)
Ground & First Floor.Elegance Tower.
Plot No 8, Non Hierachical Tower. Commercial Centre.Jasola. New Delhi- 110025